MeshLab is an open-source system for processing and editing 3D triangular meshes.
It provides a set of tools for editing, cleaning, healing, inspecting, rendering, texturing and converting meshes. It offers features for processing raw data produced by 3D digitization tools/devices and for preparing models for 3D printing.
Meshlab can read files in these formats: PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA and PTX. It can write PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA, VRML, and DXF.
- 3D Acquisition: Aligning
- 3D Acquisition: Reconstruction
- 3D Acquisition: Color Mapping and Texturing
- Cleaning 3D Models
- Scaling, Positioning and Orienting
- Simplification, Refinement and Remeshing
- Measurement, and Analysis
- Visualization and Presentation
- Color Processing
- 3D Printing: Offsetting, Hollowing, Closing
- Comparing Models
- 3D Models Conversion and Interchange
- Raster Layers: Integration with Images
Platform: Ubuntu / Mint, Debian, GNU/Linux distributions
LinuxProgs rating: 10/10
Source / download: