Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any kind of information on your desktop.
Grab the latest release from GitHub.
- A plethora of OS stats (uname, uptime, CPU usage, mem usage, disk usage, “top” like process stats, and network monitoring, just to name a few).
- Built-in IMAP and POP3 support.
- Built-in support for many popular music players (MPD, XMMS2, BMPx, Audacious).
- Can be extended using built-in Lua support, or any of your own scripts and programs (more).
- Built-in Imlib2 and Cairo bindings for arbitrary drawing with Lua (more).
… and much much more.
Conky can display information either as text, or using simple progress bars and graph widgets, with different fonts and colours.
Platform: Ubuntu / Mint, Debian, ArchLinux, Fedora, RedHat, CentOS, Gentoo, Foresight
LinuxProgs rating: 10/10
Source / download: